Technical Specifications will be updated shortly, this section is currently under construction.
Compare our specifications to other builders. We know you’ll see the difference.
In our efforts to maintain value pricing, P.M. VandenTillaart Contruction Ltd. has particular technical specifications to suit the needs of the first-time buyer or budget-minded consumer. We are comfortable with these specifications and are sure you will find they still exceed those of competitors. We maintain the emphasis on curb appeal, structural stability and energy efficiency so that your home will maintain and increase in market value in the years to come. Please Inquire.
- Graded with existing on site material
- 8"- 10" poured concrete foundation with a compression strength of 3000 psi.
- Exterior bitumous tar dampproofing applied with roller not sprayed thin layer.
- Exterior and interior tile drained to sump area
- Slabs- 3" basement with power-trowelled finish and a compressive strength of 3000 psi
- 4" garage with broom finish and compressive strength of 4500 psi c/w concrete sealer
- Reinforced poured concrete front porch where applicable
- Exterior and interior walls (2" x 6" and/or 2" x 4")
- Basement walls (2” x 4 @ 24” o.c.)
- Engineered floor joist system, T&G floor sheathing is glued, nailed and screwed for a solid "no squeak" floor system
- Support beams – steel I-beams c/w adjustable steel teleposts
- Engineered roof trusses as required
PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS
- 30 year warranty on heavy weight roof shingles c/w eave protection
- Aluminum soffit & 6” aluminium fascia
- Horizontal colonial cove vinyl siding(as per plan)
- Maintenance free all vinyl double glazed low E/Argon white casement windows throughout.
- Large Basement windows (48” wide x 24” high) are cast-in-place white vinyl where applicable
- Exterior steel insulated entrance doors c/w separate deadbolt
- Custom exterior finish
- Seamless aluminium eavestrough included
- Energy efficient; R50 Attic R32 Cathedral Ceilings R27 Exterior walls R12 Basement walls to the floor
- "Super-Six" polyethylene vapour barrier - UV barrier
HEATING AND VENTILATION
- High efficiency gas furnace with custom balanced air distribution (owned not rented)
- Hot Water Tank (owned not rented)
- Dryer vent to exterior
- Range hood vent to exterior
- Duct sized for future air conditioning
- White moulded one-piece tub/shower (low maintenance)
- Single handle faucets c/w pressure balance and scald guard protectors (MOEN)
- Low flush energy efficient insulated toilet tanks
- Two frost free exterior taps with backflow preventers
- Laundry washer kit (where applicable)
- Submersible well pump
- Submersible sump pump
- Double bowl stainless steel kitchen sink with single handle faucet
- Copper piping throughout
- 200 Amp underground service
- 2 exterior ground fault interrupter outlets
- Underground phone, hydro and cable service (where applicable)
- Interconnected smoke detectors on every floor
- Carbon monoxide detector (where applicable)
- “Decora” switches throughout “Decora” plugs at kitchen & vanities as required
- Attractive pewter light fixtures
DRYWALL / PAINT
- Exterior round corner bead where applicable (rounded corners)
- 1/2" Drywall throughout c/w 3 coats joint compound
- "Aquaboard" drywall around tub/shower enclosures where applicable
- Flat ceilings throughout (no stipple spray)
- Washable low sheen satin latex paint on walls. Choice of 2 wall colours plus one washable semi-gloss latex paint colour for trim. (total of 3 colours)
- Colonial doors complete with pewter finish hardware
- Colonial style baseboard and window casing heavier than industry standard Baseboard 5½” and Casings 3½”
- Oak/Maple railings (where applicable)
- Custom closet organizer in master bedroom closets.
- Shaker style or European cabinets and vanities in a variety of stain colours
- Crown moulding on upper cabinets is standard. Generous kitchen/vanity allowance.
- Mirror, towel bar & toilet paper holder in each bathroom
- Generous flooring allowance includes hardwood, tile and carpet throughout EXTERIOR SYSTEMS
- Ministry of Environment approved septic system
- Ministry of Environment approved well installation
- On-going site inspections by building, plumbing, Ontario Hydro, Ministry of Environment inspectors plus myself and most importantly YOU. Your inspections will ensure that your new home is built to your specifications
- Total of Seven Years:
- 2 years from builder
- 5 years additional from the Tarion
* Ask us about our service guarantee *
"We decided to build when we realized our house didn't fulfill all of our needs anymore and we couldn't find anything that we loved in the market. We are a young family with two working parents who don't have a lot of extra time on our hands and Paul and Suzanne made the whole building process so easy. We always knew Paul was putting our best interest first whenever dealing with the people working on our house. Even if a small set back arose (bathroom tiles on back-order) they were quick with solutions to fix the problem and still made sure we got into our home before Christmas. Thanks Paul and Suzanne for taking such great care of us!"
James, Leanne and Liam Desjardin
Visit Us and Compare the Difference
Making your “dream home” come true is easier than you think. P.M. VandenTillaart Contruction Ltd. works closely with our clients before, during and after construction to ensure that the home we build for them is the one they had envisioned. We are not only a custom home builder, we have model homes of our own as well.
Region #1 — Kemptville, Merrickville, Winchester, Spencerville, Township of North Grenville, Augusta, Elizabethtown Township & Edwardsburg Township
Region #2 — Regional Municipality of Ottawa Carleton, Greely, Osgoode, Metcalfe, Richmond, Carp and Surrounding Areas
Region #3 - Municipalities of Trent Hills, Marmora & Lake, Townships of Asphodel-Norwood, Stirling-Rawdon, Kawartha, Peterborough & Brock, Town of Belleville & Cobourg
- HST not included in above pricing. HST rebates applicable
- Well, septic bed and driveway included
- Tarion registration and enrolment included in price
- Subject to lot inspection by P.M. VandenTillaart Construction Ltd.
- Prices subject to change without notice
- CUSTOM HOME DESIGNS/PRICING ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE AS WELL AS MODIFICATION TO EXISTING HOUSE DESIGNS
- In our efforts to maintain value pricing, we have particular technical specifications to suit the needs of the first time buyer or budget minded consumer. We are comfortable with these specifications and are sure you will find they still exceed those of competitors. We maintain the emphasis on curb appeal, structural stability and energy efficiency so that your home will maintain and increase in market value in the years to come. Please Inquire.